Friday, July 30, 2004

 
Sequels... This time, it's personal. Maybe it's all that Weekend at Bernie's 2 talk. Maybe it was having Shane attempt to explain why he loves 2 Fast 2 Furious so much more than the slower and possibly also a little calmer original. But I've just been thinking about how noble it is that a film dares to call itself only Spider-Man 2 instead of, say, Spider-Man 2: More Wet T-shirt Action From Kirsten Dunst.

There are some truly stupid sequel titles out there, which are either puns on the word 'two' or add some extra element to the original that lets you know it's a sequel. Some I can remember off the top of my head...

Three Men and a Little Lady
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer - I reckon it should have been called I Know What You Did Two Summers Ago
Ocean's Twelve
Teen Wolf Too
Die Harder
The Whole Ten Yards
Another 48 Hours

Further additions are welcome.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter