Thursday, September 09, 2004

 
Well, it's been two weeks since my experiment. What do you think? Is the blog better without mentioning anyone I know? Do you only read this because you think I'm some kind of conduit for gossip? Because that's not what I intend. Anyone who has met me IRL knows that I like telling stories. A lot. And naturally, people I meet appear as characters in the stories - not necessarily in a flattering light, but in a way that makes me glad I know them. This, as you know, comes from a woman who embarrasses herself at every turn and then writes about it.

I constantly worry that I bore people with my stories. In the very first post, I said that I wanted to devote this blog to the stories that I couldn't get away with telling people: detailed descriptions of what happened to me on a night out (that when I try to tell my friends, they cut off halfway); glee about my shopping trips; my musings and rants about random bits of pop culture; my penchant for listmaking.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear. If the consensus is that you prefer "anonymity" on this blog, then I'll keep it that way. But also, just have a think about your own motives for reading.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter