Thursday, January 06, 2005

 
T-shirt spotted in the city today. "Gardeners do it with hoes."

Well, I've been having anice holiday: shopping, reading books, drinking shitloads of coffee and loitering about in cafes and bars. But a visit to the ATM today told me that this lifestyle must soon come to an end. I had this foolish idea that, being employed part-time, I would continue to get paid over the holidays. Apparently my employers see me as a casual, ie they pay me only for when I work there.

The most worrisome thing about this is my impending Comedy Festival show. It is going to cost a lot of money that I just don't have. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to raise $4000 by March - does anyone know any contacts at suitable sponsors (corporate with a sense of humour, fashion retail, anything really) who could help me out?

The other option is a lot of freelancing, which is not the most efficient way to raise money, seeing as it involves a lot of research and cultivating new editorial contacts, seeing as most of the people I used to deal with have moved on. I guess I haven't got much choice though.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter