Sunday, March 06, 2005

 
Music for runways. Here is the soundtrack of my fashion show last night. Because I can't deejay, I painstakingly put it together by cutting and pasting in SoundForge using the 'mix' editing function. It took me fucking forever, and some of the transitions were better than others. I was particularly pleased with my intro to Model Run 1, which mixed the refrain from "The Rockafeller Skank" by Fatboy Slim into "Right About Now" by Mousse T.

Playing While People Were Coming In
All I Ask - Rae & Christian featuring Vebal
Love Don't Love Me - Justin Timberlake
Young, Fresh and New - Kelis
Tipsy - J-Kwon
Honey - Jay-Z and R Kelly
All For You - Janet Jackson
Play It Off - Nelly featuring Pharrell
Love Don't Love Me - Eric Benet
Breathe - Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul

Model Run 1
Right About Now - Mousse T featuring Emma Banford
Goodies - Ciara featuring Petey Pablo
Keep Giving Your Love to Me - Beyonce
Pass It Pass It - Snoop Dogg
I'm Good - Blaque
Wet!Wet!Wet! - Princess Superstar

The Walk-Off
Elimination Rounds:
Walk This Way - Run DMC and Aerosmith
Final:
Yeah - Usher featuring Ludacris

Model Run 2
Loose Lips - Seiji featuring Lyric L
(Oh No) What You Got - Justin Timberlake
Finest Dreams - Richard X vs Kelis
Smack It Up - Fannypack
Pussy - Lords of Acid
Not Many - Scribe
She's Got That Vibe - R Kelly and Public Announcement

The walk-off was the highlight of the show for me. I got people from the audience to challenge each other, with the winner decided by audience applause. The stand-out was this seven-year-old called Angelica, who was two of the models' younger sister, and she totally got into it. When I was calling for challengers for her, she was shouting "Bring it!" Zac rose to the challenge, putting in an arse-slapping performance that would shame Derek Zoolander. But for the audience, it was all about Angelica. Zac slunk away to my taunts that he "would be lucky to get catalogue work!" When Angelica did her victory strut to "Yeah", she busted out some pop-locking moves. I just can't describe how special it was. It made me nostalgic for my own childhood exhibitionism.

I was also quite chuffed that several Asian student types took photos throughout the show, and afterwards insisted that I pose for more snaps with them. Dontcha know I'm loco?

On the nerd front, Will, Ben and Elanor were among the frenzied crowd. If you weren't there, you totally missed out, because among the hott models was Lily, the much-talked-about "hot bar chick" from Nerdy Blog Night. Oh man, you should have seen her in those Supre short-shorts. Let this be a lesson for you to come to my Comedy Festival show, which starts in about two weeks (eep).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter