Tuesday, December 23, 2008

 
Dumb songs I have sung to the cat. I only ever do this when I am sure nobody else is there to hear me, but I like to adapt popular songs to serenade this aloof, uncaring animal that only wants to sleep and get fed.

(to the tune of 'Mandy' by Barry Manilow)
Oh Monty
You came and you sat in the doorway
And I thought that you were from Norway

(to the tune of 'Oh Yoko' by John Lennon)
In the middle of the yard
In the middle of the yard I call your name
Oh Monto
Oh Monto
My food will fill you up

(to the tune of 'I Want Candy' by Bow Wow Wow)
My housemate Dave has got a cat
She thinks she is all of that
She gets mad without a reason
But I like Monty in all seasons
I want Monty
I want Monty

(to the tune of 'Moscow' by Genghis Khan)
Monto, Monto
La la la la la la la
La la la la la la la
Ha ha ha ha ha, hey!

(to the tune of 'Bingo', traditional)
There was a housemate had a cat
And Monto was her name-o
M.O.N.T.O.
M.O.N.T.O.
M.O.N.T.O.
And Monto was her name-o

These songs are so stupid that I hesitate to write them down, but I want to record them somewhere. I am also sad I can't use all the similar stupid songs I made up for Meep, especially the Christmas carol I used to sing to her:

O fluffy cat
Your fur is softly shining
You are the cat that we all call Meep
When you're outside, you get back in by miaowing
And then you scratch at our doors as we sleep
O fluffy cat, your fur is very fluffy
Fluffy cat, you get fluff on my clothes
Sit on my knee!
O hear the Meepy purring!
O cat divine!
O cat whose name is Meep!
O cat divine!
O cat, o cat divine

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter