Sunday, December 08, 2019

 
Latest plant developments. I spent this arvo potting up some plants I got at Bunnings yesterday. I got some hanging basket plants to put down the side of the house, some petunias and marigolds for colour, and I rescued two half-dead indoor plants for $2 each (I am 2 for 3 on my previous mostly-dead fern rescues.)

Most excitingly, one of the half-dead plants is a Pilea ‘Silver Sprinkles’, a luxuriant specimen of which I admired in Elanor’s bathroom the other day. My bathroom faces the same way as Elanor’s so I’m hoping to get some similar success with my plant.

And speaking of ‘mostly dead’, I decided to turf the fig cuttings I’d made at Pitt Street and use their pot for the petunia, but when I removed what looked like dead twigs, one of them had a LIVE ROOT!!!! So I replanted it in another pot.

I also dead-headed my lavender and replanted the tomato plants that had self-seeded in the basil that Lucy gave me. (I’d been meaning to do this for weeks and weeks.) There were five seedlings of tubestock size. Hopefully at least a few will survive.

I hope all my plants will be okay in tomorrow’s miserable heat. I’ve watered them well.

No matter how many plants I get, it never feels like enough and they never grow fast and luxuriant enough. It is my ambition to live in one of those stylish, jungly houses you see in magazines or the internet, but my house never looks ‘put together’ and my plants look so small and bitsy. GROW! GROW!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter