Friday, September 25, 2020

 

An unexpectedly good and quick dinner. I boiled some pasta and while it was cooking I chopped three roma tomatoes into small cubes and put them in a plastic container. I shook salt, pepper and lots of dried thyme over them and then mixed it through to marinate in the tomato juice.

Then I fried some garlic in olive oil and added the tomatoes to the pan. Stirred them round in the pan to mix through the garlic and oil. Then I added a cup of chicken stock and two generous teaspoons of tomato paste. Cooked it at high heat to reduce the liquid because by now the pasta was cooked.

I put the cooked pasta in a bowl, put the sauce on top, added heaps of parmesan and stirred the whole thing through. Then I ate it while watching Enola Holmes on Netflix. The stock was the secret – it made the whole thing more savoury than just the tomato flavour.

If I made this again I would streamline it by mixing the chopped tomatoes in the same bowl I ultimately served the pasta in, and I would mix the cooked pasta in with the sauce in the pan.

Wanna know something fun as well? The whole thing was ready in 25 minutes – the length of the famous pomodoro timer.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter